Saturday, April 30, 2011
This is currently one of my favorite design books*. Michael Bierut's a great writer and a lot of fun to read. The design of his book is pretty cool, too. I do feel sort of proud, though, because I found a few typographical errors in 79 Short Essays. In a book by Michael Bierut! I know. I'm awesome.
On another note, I feel like this post will probably alienate all of my readership, since I usually write about illustration. But I couldn't help it.
* I'm sorry if you thought that link would take you to a list of my favorite design books. I'm still working on compiling that one.
Friday, April 29, 2011
Thursday, April 28, 2011
Wednesday, April 27, 2011
Tuesday, April 26, 2011
Here are a some kids from my high school cross country team*. If you were on the team, you may be able to identify a few people, but since I sketched from memory and sketched in pen, I didn't exactly achieve historical accuracy.
Along the lines of cross country:
- One of these days, someone will make a good movie about the skinny kids
- Maybe it will even be a musical
- That would be cool
- It will never happen
- And no, Glee doesn't count
- Actually, I've never seen Glee, so I'm writing in complete ignorance
- Does Glee ever talk about the cross country runners?
- 'Cause if it doesn't, someone's missing out on a really great opportunity
*A couple of the people in this image were on other teams. Boots and Randy.
Monday, April 25, 2011
Friday, April 22, 2011
Well guys, it's been a while. But I have been creating. Lots going on right now, including
- an impending move
- a new position at The Art Institute, where I teach
- a new Moleskine sketchbook that I'm aching to fill with all sorts of stuff
- a new bunch of posts coming up
Stay tuned. It should be a fun ride in the next few days/weeks. And as summer approaches, please be sure to wear sunscreen.